Online post workflows for virtually all cameras and file formats from HD through 4K spatial resolution onwards
Optimized for digital mastering, digital cinema, television, and effects-heavy projects, GoPro CineForm Studio Premium is the right product to support the most demanding 2D and 3D digital intermediate workflows. Studio Premium converts virtually all camera formats from HDV to 6K digital cinema, DSLRS, 3D cameras, and file-based formats including TIF and DPX into CineForm Digital Intermediate files for the highest quality editing, effects, and mastering workflows.
With versions for both Windows and Macintosh, GoPro's Studio Premium delivers a real-time digital intermediate workflow, from HD through 4K spatial resolution and beyond, that is compatible with most NLEs - including those from Adobe, Apple, Avid, and Sony - enabling cross-platform compatibility for 2D and 3D editing and effects applications that has never before existed. A CineForm DI workflow begins with the underlying CineForm Intermediate compression acclaimed for its high visual fidelity, and which is used routinely as the mastering format for 2D and 3D film, television, and archive workflows.
Studio Premium combines the key features from the First Light application and conversion utilities such as HDLink and ReMaster into a greatly simplified user experience. Studio Premium allows non-destructive primary color correction, image reframing and 3D adjustments without flattening those adjustments into the underlying video layer. This is accomplished through the Active Metadata™ architecture that ensures compatibility with all QuickTime and AVI applications.
With Studio Premium you get:
- The Industry's Best Compression: CineForm's respected 12-bit CineForm 444 format exceeds the visual fidelity of the respected HDCAM SR tape format. CineForm media becomes the new master format for your file-based workflow, and files are immediately ready for editorial or archive as soon as they are created. CineForm media is visually equivalent to uncompressed sources but weigh in at about 15% of the file size.
- Practically unlimited spatial resolution*: No projects are more visually and computationally demanding than digital cinema projects requiring substantial manipulation in post, or those destined for the big screen. The unmatched performance and visual quality of Studio Premium's deep-precision processing engine enhances the performance, features, and visual quality of any Mac or Windows editorial or effects application in a big way, supporting YUV, RGB(A), or RAW chroma formats in real time on the timeline of your preferred NLE.
- Cross-Platform compatibility: CineForm files are compatible on both Windows and Macintosh with your preferred software applications from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Sony, and virtually any other DirectShow (AVI) or QuickTime (MOV) application. Create on one platform, share on the other, even with distributed editing workflows. GoPro-CineForm provides a free decoder on both Windows and Mac to easily share content - even at 4K resolution and beyond.
- Active Metadata: non-destructive, real-time primary color correction application for GoPro-CineForm media plus text, graphics, and tools overlays. Studio Premium works in parallel with your editing and effects software, and maintains color adjustments and image framing as Active Metadata with your media - all processed in real time so you never need to render, and consequently you never clip highlights. Studio Premium color adjustments are immediately visible in any application that calls a GoPro-CineForm file.
- CineForm RAW workflow: Studio Premium supports 2D and 3D CineForm RAW workflows with unrestricted spatial resolution inside your preferred NLE, whether shot directly using the SI-2K camera or converted into CineForm RAW from other RAW cameras.
- DPX and RAW Format Converters: Most digital cinema Raw cameras acquire in formats unsuitable for high-performance online post-production. Source Raw formats from RED, VR Phantom, and Arri can be converted into CineForm RAW files more suitable for high-performance online editorial. Also, converters between DPX / TIFF files and CineForm files are included to ensure broadest industry compatibility.
- File conversion: file conversion and image processing software converts most camera or file-based source formats into 10-bit CineForm Intermediate HD files while also performing valuable tasks such as telecine removal, deinterlacing, spatial resampling, and much more. Enables true 24p editing workflows from most HD sources.
- 3D Editing: create, edit, and adjust CineForm 3D files, the industry's most common 3D editorial format. Adjust convergence, camera zoom disparity, add 3D titles and graphics overlays, and much more. Studio Premium is the right 3D editing choice for all single-body dual-lens 3D cameras.
- * Spatial resolution of Studio Premium is actually unrestricted. Many NLEs can support workflows only up to 4K.
NOTE:Some feature differences exist between the Windows and Mac versions of Studio Premium. Please verify features in the Trial download prior to purchase.
Included software components
- CineForm 2D and 3D codec with Active Metadata processor
- Win: DirectShow, Video for Windows (VfW), and QuickTime components installed
- Mac: QuickTime components installed
- Studio Premium: End-user application that runs in parallel with your preferred NLE or effects software to adjust Active Metadata color parameters, 3D adjustments, and text/graphics overlays on CineForm media. Supports conversion of a number of HD camera file formats including MVC (3D), AVCHD, Canon and Nikon DSLR MOVs and GoPro Hero footage.
End-user utilities included to manage file capture and conversion to CineForm files. Allows selection of image pre-processing algorithms during conversion (spatial resampling, telecine removal, and much more).
- HD Link (Windows) or ReMaster (Mac). End-user application to manage file capture and conversion to CineForm files. Allows selection of image pre-processing algorithms during conversion (spatial resampling, telecine removal, and much more).
- Command-Line Converters (Windows).Command-line conversion utilities for conversion of greater-than-HD resolution content into CineForm files, including:
- R2CF: Convert from RED R3D media into CineForm files
- VR2CF: Convert from Phantom (Vision Research) RAW files and CineForm files
- DPX2CF and CF2DPX: Convert between DPX or TIFF files and CineForm media
- Note: RED R3D and DPX conversions on Mac are performed in ReMaster
Studio Premium Feature Specification
- OS Compatibility:
- Mac: OS 10.6 or later
- Win: Windows XP /Vista /7 (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
- CineForm compression with embedded Active Metadata processing
- Windows: DirectShow, Video for Windows (VfW), and QuickTime compatible with all video applications that support these interfaces.
- Mac: QuickTime compatible with all video applications that supports QuickTime.
- Application Compatibility: Most AVI/MOV compatible editing and effects applications including:
- Final Cut Pro 7/X
- Adobe CS5 / CS5.5 / CS6
- Avid Media Composer v5/v6
- Sony Vegas 10/11
- Spatial resolution: Unrestricted. As a practical matter up to 8K for each eye.
- File Compatibility: MOV, AVI
- Chroma Format:10-bit 4:2:2; 12-bit 4:4:4(:4); and 12-bit CineForm RAW
- OpenGL display support for timeline and First Light/GoPro CineForm Studio monitoring
- HD-SDI/HDMI monitoring support in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro: through AJA Kona LHi/3/3G (drivers supplied by AJA)
- HD-SDI/HDMI Direct-to-Disk Recording: Using 3rd Party capture cards
- Media Sharing with others: Free GoPro-CineForm Decoder with Active Metadata processor available for download for both Windows and Mac
- Real-time Full framerate playout as user-selectable 2D or 3D format
- Real-time Active Metadata processing for color adjustments and 3D controls
- During 3D render CineForm 3D files are properly recreated.
- Some feature differences exist between different NLEs and platforms.
Studio Premium is the heart of your 2D/3D workflow. Studio Premium operates in parallel with your editing or effects software, and provides real-time, non-destructive adjustments for 3D controls, primary 2D/3D color correction, and overlays. Studio Premium's adjustments are implemented as Active Metadata, which means all adjustments are made non-destructively as a "layer" on top of the underlying video. Active Metadata is implemented in a manner that is compatible with all AVI and MOV NLEs and effects applications.
Your GoPro CineForm Studio Premium installation also includes a package of 34 64x64x64 3D (cubic) LUTs ("Looks") for use with the software.
|Operating System||Windows : Win XP / Vista; 32-bit or 64-bit / Win 7 32-bit or 64-bit
Mac : Mac OS 10.6 or later
|Acquisition / File Conversion|
|I/O Precision||10-12 bit|
|Max horizontal resolution (capture/export)||Unrestricted (Practically 4K)|
|Chroma format||YUV 4:2:2
|Encoder Quality Controls||Five: User selectable|
|Selectable Wrapper||Win : AVI / MOV
Mac : MOV
|Video Formats (HD and SD)||480i/p, 576 i/p, 720p, 1080i/p, 2Kp, 3Kp, 4Kp|
|HD camera sources||
|Digital Cinema Camera Compatibility||SI-2K, RED,
VR Phantom, Arri D21, Alexa
|HD-SDI Card Compatibility||Mac
Win: AJA and Blackmagic. HD Link capture only
|HDMI Input||Win: Blackmagic (Intensity): HD Link only|
|File rewrapping||Win (only) : Both AVI ↔ MOV|
|DPX file conversion Utilities||Win : Separate utility DPX2CF and CF2DPX
Mac : Through ReMaster
|red R3D Conversion Utilities||Win : Yes. Separate utility R2CF
Mac : Through ReMaster
|Image Processing During Conversion|
|Telecine removal (24p from 60i)||Yes|
|Deinterlacing||Yes. 30p / 25p from 60i / 50i|
|Image spatial resampling||Yes, using Lanczos 3-lobe resampler
SD ↔ HD
HD (non-square) ↔ HD (square)
|Image flip (for 35mm adapters)||Yes|
|Slow Motion - up to 2.5X||Yes|
|Convert 24P ↔ 25p||Yes, including audio remodulation|
|Create letterbox / pillarbox||Yes|
Windows XP / 64 latest SP
|Mac OS 10.6 or greater|
|CPU||Min: Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz
Preferred: Core i7
Mac Note: Intel Mac Only
|QuickTime||V7.6 or greater||V7.6 or greater|
|RAM||3GB or greater||4GB or greater|
|System Drive||7200 rpm SATA (Capacity: User Preference)|
|Media Drive||Min: Single SATA separate from OS
Preferred: Two (or more) drives as RAID 0
|Note: For systems below the minimum hardware recommendations, performance may degrade, but software will most likely continue to function.|